The school occupies nearly 20 acres on the south side of Wimbledon Common and owns a further 24 acres of playing fields nearby. The school’s boathouse is on the Tideway at Putney. Building and development have been almost continuous since 1945.
Funded by fee income and generous support from parents and OKs, since 2000 the school has built an Art and Design centre, new junior school Science laboratories, the Cavan Taylor wing (incorporating library, ICT and classroom facilities), a major extension to the senior school Science block and a £2.5m sports pavilion at our Kingsway sports ground.
In 2012 the school completed an infrastructure master plan setting out a major £30-40m building programme for the coming 10 years. The first project - the new reception through the Bannister Fletcher 1897 Great Hall - was completed in 2013. A new Quadrangle was opened in February 2015, followed by a refurbished and enlarged dining hall in the autumn. A new classroom block with a multi-purpose hall was opened by the Rt Hon Nicky Morgan, then Secretary of State for Education, in March 2016, and construction begun on a new state-of-the-art music school in July 2016.
The next project will be to create an additional sports complex, including six all-weather tennis courts and a six-lane swimming pool. Other forthcoming projects include enhancing the drama facilities, refurbishing the junior school library and transforming the 1960s buildings that face Wimbledon Common.