In spring 1978, a group of parents built the Gibbs pavilion on Colman’s field. Today, The Friends of King’s is a flourishing parent body and a registered charity, organising social and fundraising events. Since 1978 we have raised over £1m.
Since January 2016 we have allocated over £90,000 to items that will enhance the education of our children as well as King’s partnership initiatives. These items include:
- A Director of Community Production for the Partnerships Programme
- Ergos for the rowers
- A 12 seater minibus
- Drones, Raspberry Pis, Nexus tablets, an iPad pro and a MacBook Pro and related specialist software
- Parasols for the school nurses
- Metallophones for the music department
- A new speaker system for the Collyer Hall Theatre
- A table tennis robot
- Mini hockey goals and pitch dividers
- Various art supplies
If you might like to get involved please don’t hesitate to get in touch. To get a flavour of The Friends take a look at our video below.
We are grateful to everyone who has contributed so generously to our success.
Please click here to register your interest with The Friends of King’s. Please include your name, contact number and email address and we’ll get back to you asap.